→ Follow the Crumbtrail → Hilltoppers Home →
Forum Spotlight →
- On-line Meetings - a Lifeline for Shut-ins
- I had osteoarthritis when I joined Al-Anon, and it was getting
worse every year. For several years, I attended face-to-face (f2f) meetings,
although it was difficult. My hearing was also not as good as it used to be.
- In 1999, my daughter, her husband, and my grandchildren visited
me. They helped me buy a computer and I found an Al-Anon meeting on the Internet.
Now I could attend on-line Al-Anon meetings in my own home by reading about
and sharing on twice-weekly topics.
- What a blessing this has been! The support of the Al-Anon program through on-line meetings has helped me in many ways. I don't feel so lonely because I can connect with other folks every day.
- The members' sharings on the on-line meeting have been a lifeline to me. The topics are always just what I need. I know I can ask for experience, strength, and hope and it will be there for me. I recommend on-line Al-Anon meetings to anyone who can use a computer and is unable to go to face-to-face meetings.
- By Polly M
Published September, 2006
- Editor's note: Online meetings are helpful in other
ways, such as 24-7 availability, distance difficulties, frequent access, etc.
Check out the Hilltoppers-AFG
Online Meeting for first hand experience.