Hilltoppers-AFG Alateen Group
→ Follow the Crumbtrail → Hilltoppers Home →
- "Alateen sponsorship brought me face-to-face with my younger self…The Alateens have helped me bring back to life all the beauty and joy buried underneath the abuse that came with the alcoholism in my family and to find a new clarity and definition of who I am today." (Hope for Today, p. 21)
- ALATEEN SPONSORSHIP CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Membership in Al-Anon for at least two years and continuing regular attendance at Al-Anon meetings. (Note: An A.A. member with two years or more of membership in Al-Anon who meets all other requirements is also eligible for Alateen sponsorship by virtue of Al-Anon membership.)
- Completion of the necessary training and certification process, including submission of all forms and a satisfactory background check. (A special training session is tentatively planned for December.)
- Attendance at one District meeting, one District Sponsors' meeting, one Alateen Sponsor training session (see above), and three months of Alateen meetings having a certified Alateen sponsor present.
- Commitment to six months of regular attendance/sponsorship at the Hilltoppers Alateen meeting at 10:30 a.m. each Saturday, with other certified sponsors possibly available to alternate months or partial months. (Note: In case of inability to attend, you would be responsible for asking another certified sponsor to attend in your place.)
- Desire to share your recovery experience with teenagers and make a real difference for those young people whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking.
- Check out the Alateen section of the Hilltoppers website for more information about Alateen.
- When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help, let the hand of Al-Anon and Alateen always be there and let it begin with ME. (Al-Anon Declaration)